However, just because I don't like to shop, doesn't mean that I don't like clothes. Au contraire! Since I've started sewing, I pay a lot attention to how clothes are made and fit together. The big difference though, is that clothes that I like? I no longer want to buy them: I want to make them.
Now, I`m not delusional enough to think that I`ll ever be making haute-couture knock-offs, but in time, I`m hoping that my sewing skills will be enough to get a decent imitation.
Some of my latest `I want to makes` include this lovely summer dress from Urban Outfitters
and this black skirt from the Ann Taylor petite line.
I know that Fabricland had the dress fabric on sale last week for $3/m. I didn't buy any because I didn't know what I'd use it for and now I'm regretting it. I may sneak over tomorrow to see if the sale is still on.
The skirt seems simple enough, but I'm going to have to look through my patterns to find one for the dress.
The white dress is gorgeous, can't wait to see your version!
ReplyDeleteThese look like basic shapes with a bit o' gathering and gorgeous fabric to me! I bet you can totally pull these off. :)
ReplyDeleteExcited to follow your progress on the Pattern Project. Patterns are so amazingly enticing, but I bet you've got lots of inspiration in your stash (or can alter them slightly to make the lovelies posted here!)
how much the price
ReplyDelete